Brew your coffee with a raw egg + the shell?!
One of my customers told me about this brewing method - it sounded so crazy that I had to try it.
Trying it once was more than enough.
This is how you make it:
1. boil ~500ml of water in a pot
2. take an egg, throw it in a bowl (with the shell), and mix it like you would do for an omelet
3. take at least double the amount of coffee you'd normally use (I'd advise at least 40g) and mix it thoroughly into the bowl with the egg and shell
4. empty the bowl into the boiling water and stir it
5. after at least 5 or 10 minutes, empty the contents into a french press and carefully press down the plunger
6. this isn't a necessary step, but I did it because I didn't want to be drinking little bits of egg (ew) - filter it one more time through a Hario v60 or some other type of paper filter device
The drink is a lot clearer than usual and the flavor is light, but I could taste the egg and it wasn't the best flavor - but that's just me, whatever floats your boat.
@gcoffeeco Scandinavian #Coffee - 1st time I tried it. The taste is light, a little eggy, but not bad. #wroclaw #kawa #poland #poznan #krakow #warszawa #warsaw #polska #barista #somethingdifferent #egg ♬ Shout Out (No Vox) - Chris Alan Lee